I have also ordered some lovely wallpaper for the passage ways and shop from Sid Cooke and the most glorious parquet floor kit.
I had intended to tile the roof this weekend but my time was taken up by the windows.............................
Simply glue the plastic window frames into the openings said the instruction manual.
Well the small windows fitted like a dream and I just popped them in with a touch of pva. Then I came to the large windows. Quite simply they didnt fit ! The window openings were 2 mm smaller than the plastic windows !!!!
If you have never tried sanding a tiny rebate on a window opening of a built dolls house you have never known true frustration !
In the end I rolled my sandpaper round a slim pencil and then rolled the pencil round and round the rebate.
Eventually I managed to widen the gap slightly but there was just no way I could find to satisfactorily increase the gap.
I managed to wedge the windows in tightly,. So tightly that they wouldnt come back out . If forced too much I think the plastic would snap .
So my two windows on the front of the house are ever so very slightly bowed. Nobody who has seen it has noticed but I know it is so, which is a bit frustrating.
Never mind, I will put it down to character !
I decided to attach the front with the hinges provided which was easy and then stand the house upright and attach the chimney.
Despite the window problem I have to say it looks perfect. I think I will add a drainpipe down the right hand side and some guttering .
Hope my bricks arrive soon !