Not one to be deterred I put the damaged strips aside and sorted the contents ...............
As you can see after half an hour I had a lovely neatly set out table of bits, I think they are all there but as the packages of trims were opened and everything had fallen out I am not sure really whats what with the smaller bits so fingers crossed !
Another half hour spent reading the instructions ( 19 pages ! ) and I'm almost ready to start.
First though for the repairs, the damaged parts were split but as I am planning to paint them and they are decorative parts I think they will fix just fine. I used a little wood glue and have placed a weight on top of them as they dry, hopefully they will be good as new.
Top Tip !
The first step with this kit is to attach the doors with the hinges provided. In my experience its always been best to paint the doors before attaching them . Its the only way for a neat finish without ending up with hinges covered in paint. It also means you can test the painted doors for fit and sand as necessary, thus avoiding "sticky" doors.
So work is halted for today as I dither over paint colours ! ( Burgundy is the firm favourite so far ............)